Re: Orange Pi - Would it work with Netbsd?

Ottavio Caruso wrote:
>On 6 September 2015 at 23:03, Robert Swindells <rjs%fdy2.co.uk@localhost> wrote:
>> Ottavio Caruso wrote:
>>>I am tempted to buy this:
>>>http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Orange-Pi-PC-linux-and-android-mini-PC-Beyond-Raspberry-Pi-2/1553371_32448079125.html

>>>CPU H3 Quad-core Cortex-A7 H.265/HEVC 4K
>>>GPU Mali400MP2 GPU @600MHz Supports OpenGL ES 2.0
>>>Memory (SDRAM) 1GB DDR3 (shared with GPU)
>>>Onboard Network 10/100 Ethernet RJ45
>>>
>>>Would it work straight off the box with Netbsd?
>>
>> It probably won't work with NetBSD, the UARTs are at the same addresses
>> as on the supported SoCs so you may see some debug output.
>>
>> What features do you want to use ?
>
>I just want to have something to play with and possibly build an autosurfer.

That isn't really helping. Which I/O devices would you expect to use ?

And what is an autosurfer ?

>What about the Orange mini:
>http://www.orangepi.org/orangepimini/

The page for it on aliexpress states that it is no longer available.

The board in the original link that you posted can certainly be made
to work, there is documentation on the newer SoC, it comes down to how
much effort you want to put in. The effort on your part might just be
to order the thing then lend it to a NetBSD developer for a while. It
looks to me as if it would take several weeks to get one though.

Why not get a cubietruck from a European reseller ?

Robert Swindells