Re: Will Firefox run on the PI and how stable is it?

On Fri, 14 Aug 2015, Ryo ONODERA wrote:

Hi,

From: Ottavio Caruso <ottavio2006-netbsd%yahoo.com@localhost>, Date: Thu, 13 Aug 2015 10:04:59 +0100

I am thinking of investing in a Raspberry PI (or similar device). I
absolutely need to be able to run Firefox because I need a certain
extension to run headless 24/7 (it's a bot).

How stable is  Firefox on the PI? I need to be able to run Firefox
24/7 without crashes.

Alternatively which other super cheap device would you recommend that
run Netbsd smoothly?

I am working on www/firefox (40.0) on evbearmv7hf now.
However another task blocks its progress...

FWIW, I recently installed Firefox 40.0 on my amd64 system. In the past 24 hours, it has crashed twice. (Once while scrolling through a long page, once overnight while I was sleeping and nothing was happening!)

I have not had any time to investigate further, but I might suggest that 40.0 has "stability issues". :)

| (Retired)        | FA29 0E3B 35AF E8AE 6651 | paul at whooppee.com    |
| Kernel Developer | 0786 F758 55DE 53BA 7731 | pgoyette at netbsd.org  |