Re: evbarm,armeb: distribution build fails with error "non-terminated string echo armcp... at source line 37"

> On Fri, Jun 05, 2015 at 01:04:51AM +0300, Eddy Petri?or wrote:
>> > This is from a here document AWK program in src/distrib/sets/sets.subr:
>> >
>> >                      if ("machine_cpu" in wanted)
>> >                              wanted["machine_cpu=" "'"${MACHINE_CPU}"'"]
>> = 1
>> >
>> > so the "echo arm" is ... wrong - something strange in your environment?
>>
>> I'm building on Linux and I am using a script to make sure everything is in
>> clean order.
>
> I don't see what is wrong in the script and the quoting, still nbawk is
> obviously passed something wrong:
[..]
> I don't see anything wrong here, so my wild guess would be a shell bug.
> This all is run with HOST_SH, so probably bash in your build environment?

On my system (GNU/Debian Linux amd64) /bin/sh is a symlink to dash
(not bash) and my interactive shell is bash.

At the suggestion of ASau on #netbsd I started the build from dash and
I also changed the variables in my wrapper script to avoid any
possible variable name collisions, yet I had the same results.

I think the better alternative would have been to try to use bash as
the HOST_SH, so I'll try that now and get back with the results in a
few hours (doing a clean build, including tools, to avoid any
contamination from the previous run).

--
Eddy Petrișor