Re: Linksys NSLU2 (evbarm, armeb) userspace regression origin found

On 05/16/15 16:57, Eddy Petrișor wrote:
Pe 16 mai 2015 3:23 p.m., "Nick Hudson" <skrll%netbsd.org@localhost> a scris:
On 05/16/15 12:35, Eddy Petrișor wrote:
Hi again,

I have created the attached patch to fix the user space issue
introduced by the commit quoted in the mail below (basically adding
also ' TARGET_ENDIAN_DEFAULT=MASK_BIG_END' to tm_defines).

I think netbsd-elf.h should change - see diff. Can you test?
Yes. Should I apply this over the latest HEAD?

yes, that's right.

Thanks for finding the problem.

Will try the patch and report back.

Thanks.

Using NetBSD 6.1.5 kernel and some more recent user spaces generated
from trunk (for instance, 'build', 'distribution', sets' obtained from
trunk code dated 2013-09-14), I get a lot of messages
'/etc/ld.so.conf: invalid/unknown sysctl for libc.so.12 (22)' after
starting init.

Any idea what this is? Is it due to the fact I am using NetBSD
6.1.5_PATCH kernel with newer userspace (etc/obj/etc-release says
'NetBSD 6.99.23/evbarm')?

Yeah, don't do that. It's not supported.

Backwards compatibility is supported (with correct options in the
kernel), but not forwards.

So that means newer kernel with older user is fine (assuming the
compatibility options), but not the other way around?

Correct.

Nick