Re: 2015-04-19-netbsd-raspi-earmv6hf.img (Re: Raspberry Pi update please.)

On Sun, Apr 26, 2015 at 5:30 PM, Stephan <stephanwib%googlemail.com@localhost> wrote:
> I just tested your image and there are some issues (left):
>
> -There seems to be something wrong with write speed to the SD card. I
> tried a Class 10 card on both RPI and RPI2 and I did not get more than
> 1MB/s. The same result was with a Class 4 card on the RPI. The image I
> used before with a private kernel which  Nick provided to me has 4,8
> MB/s write speed to a Class 4 card. I´ve also intermittently seen some
> latency when launching executables if they were not in the file cache
> already as well as the shell hanging on tab completion.

Sad, could you please share some documentation regarding your find.
Most Opensource developers seem to be ignorant or lack basic
documentation.

> -OpenSSL speed in base hasn´t improved yet (should it?).
>
> -"sysstat vm" always shows 8000 interrupts per second from the USB
> driver (both RPI and RPI 2). Am I the only one having this?
>
> -If I disconnect my USB keyboard within an X session, the framebuffer
> console appears, leaving the device unusable (even if I plug the
> keyboard back in).

Could you please share some previous benchmarking you have followed.

> -When opening applications in an X session (e.g. Dillo), the UI (even
> the mouse pointer) becomes unresponsive. It´s not yet clear to me what
> causes this, I wasn´t able to provoke this with heavy CPU or I/O load
> nor memory pressure.

dmesg, etc commands can be useful. Even kill helps to get an stack trace.
You could use some of the X11 utilities to find some potential performance
bottle necks.

blog(http://kmsujit.blogspot.com/)