Re: 1 lingering question ....

On 04/08/15 04:16, David Brownlee wrote:
On 8 April 2015 at 01:36, William A. Mahaffey III <wam%hiwaay.net@localhost> wrote:
.... Thanks to fabulous on-list help, my RPi-B+ is now officially in service
as the time server on my LAN, running NetBSD-7 & generally working 100%. I
just powered down & relocated it from my work room to its official spot on
the computer shelves in my office room & rebooted. True to form, w/ no TOD
chip, I had to manually reinitialize the date from my ISP, but w/ that done,
I am off to the races. As someone onlist pointed out, support for DS323[1,2]
chips is not yet present in NetBSD-7 evbarm coding. Is that planned to be
there upon release ? If so, any ETA for the nightly builds ? TIA & thankls
again for all the help.
As a quick test you might want to try booting a -current kernel on
your B+ to see if it is happy (you should not need to change any other
config or binaries). Latest builds from
http://nyftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD-daily/HEAD/ if you do not want to
build your own.

I would expect that the RTC support would be pulled up into netbsd-7
before release, but I'm not the one to say for certain :)

Thanks for your reply, I don't want to build my own, don't trust myself there just yet. What do I do to use that prebuilt binary ? I have poked around that directory recently & all I saw was full images or .txy files, would I be using some of those or something else ? TIA & thanks again.

--

	William A. Mahaffey III

	 ever devised by man."
                           -- Gen. George S. Patton Jr.