Re: Raspberry Pi GPU acceleration

Thanks - I´ll try your enhancement soon.

I´ve also performed a lot more testing yesterday. NetBSD is running
very very stable now. The last time I tried, I couldn´t resize the
filesystem and - with a fresh install - the filesystem became
corrupted quickly. I guess that was a bug with the initial DMA
support.

Some findings:

-Video and audio playback work great with omxplayer.

-One can play SDL based games without X on wscons :) SDL is a good
candidate to receive GPU acelleration.

-I downloaded, extracted and built some packages from pkgsrc. That
procedure is horribly slow. There are 3 conditions that can occur:

>One is that the SD card gets 100% busy. Maybe this could be improved with the transfer modes you mentioned?

>Two is that user CPU is at 100% when the compiler works - this might be the natural limit of the processor.

>Three looked familiar to me. Problem is that the SD cards is barely busy, user CPU consumption is near-zero but kernel CPU is at a very high level. I guess it is related to what I metioned here:

http://mail-index.netbsd.org/current-users/2014/08/22/msg025646.html

I saw this happening with the x11-links package for instance.