Sent: Thursday, January 22, 2015 1:13 PM
To: William D. Jones
Cc: port-arm%NetBSD.org@localhost
Subject: Re: Raspberry Pi I2C implementation still broken?

On Mon, Jan 05, 2015 at 11:31:54AM -0500, William D. Jones wrote:
Hello all,

According to the following bug report:
http://gnats.netbsd.org/48855,

and mailing list posts:
https://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-arm/2013/01/17/msg001714.html
https://mail-index.netbsd.org/netbsd-bugs/2014/06/21/msg037157.html

Either the IOCTL or I2C driver the Raspberry Pi I2C implementation
is broken. I believe I may have found another bug in the
implementation by trying to read/write an I2C EEPROM using IOCTL,
but I'm guessing it is related to the already existing IOCTL issues
that cause writes to always succeed. It's also possible my sample
code is wrong :P. So, before I file a problem report: Has there been
any progress in fixing the above I2C write errors?

There has now;
https://mail-index.netbsd.org/source-changes/2015/01/22/msg062568.html
(The ioctl was broken in certain situations.)

While port-arm/48855 and port-arm/48932 still remain, they should be easy
to fix.

Jonathan Kollasch

--
William D. Jones