Re: Adding firmware for USB ethernet to RPI install image

Well, indeed I do have a rather long path that I use to get to my source tree, but I'm a bit skeptical that it added 302,700 bytes to my image. I don't have the means to verify it right now, so for the time being I'll just increase the size of MEMORY_DISK_ROOT_SIZE again in my own personal tree so ./build.sh stops complaining.

-----Original Message----- From: Martin Husemann
Sent: Monday, August 18, 2014 8:46 AM
To: William D. Jones
Cc: port-arm%netbsd.org@localhost
Subject: Re: Adding firmware for USB ethernet to RPI install image

On Mon, Aug 18, 2014 at 08:06:50AM -0400, William D. Jones wrote:
As of today at 8:05 AM EDT today, I get the following error when compiling
"release for RPI":

got symbols from netbsd-RPI_INSTALL.tmp
mapped netbsd-RPI_INSTALL.tmp
armv6--netbsdelf-eabihf-mdsetimage: fs image (9113600 bytes) too big for
buffer (8806400 bytes)

Was there changes made since the commit 3 days ago that further increased
the fs image size?

Hmm, the autobuild just completed successfull, so I guess not. However,
if the size is borderline and you are not using MKREPRO=yes, a long path
to the source directory might cause a few strings embeded in binaries
to get slight longer - in that case we should bump the size again slightly.

But I think Jörg is currently working on getting rid of this hard coded
limits, so maybe this will not be needed any more.

Martin

--
William D. Jones
Rowan University | ECE | 2012