Re: Is someone working on Xen/ARM?

On 07/23/2014 10:41 AM, Manuel Bouyer wrote:
On Wed, Jul 23, 2014 at 10:24:58AM +0200, Sergio Lopez wrote:
Hi all,

Now that FreeBSD already supports booting on Xen/ARM as a domU [1], I'm
tempted to try to do same for NetBSD. Is someone already working on this?

[1]
http://xenbits.xen.org/gitweb/?p=people/julieng/freebsd.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/xen-arm-v2

It's on my todo list and I have hardware for this. But I've not started
working on it yet ... I'm still not familiar enough with arm architecture.

Do you mind if I take this task for the next 2-3 months?

Alternatively, I could start working on a port for the Versatile Express A15 platform, which would enable NetBSD to boot under KVM/ARM, but I think the Xen/ARM option is easier and will produce better results with fewer work.

Sergio.