Re: Exynos?

Hi,

On Mon, Apr 07, 2014 at 09:49:51AM -0700, Matt Thomas wrote:
> > On Mon, Apr 07, 2014 at 02:15:59PM +0200, Ottavio Caruso wrote:
> >>
> >> I have no idea about other Exynos products. It's a great processor and it
> >> would be my dream to have Netbsd running on it.
> >
> > Well, there are the ODROID machines from the Hardkernel folks in Korea:
> > http://www.hardkernel.com/ - I've got an ODROID X2 and and an ODROID U2,
> > both with the Exynos 4412 processor (4x 1.7 GHz Cortex A9). They run Linux
> > just fine - in fact, one of them is currently running Debian wheezy armhf
> > and earning its power by serving as local squid proxy.
> >
> > I would love to have NetBSD running on them. Anybody willing to step up?
>
> Support for the exynos 4 & 5 is being worked on right now.  I have an
> ODROID-XU so I can use that before tackling my chromebook.

Yes, support for the U2/U3 is getting somewhere; with some hacks it can now
boot multi-user though without network its going to be a dull moment :) Only
one CPU supported yet though. My first task is to finish the Exynos4 USB to
init correctly and have ethernet too.

IIRC the X2 is basicly a beefed up U2/U3 isn't it? Support for it shouldn't be
that hard if the U series gets there.

With regards,
Reinoud