Re: uboot & sheevaplug

>> I don't see the "Booting kernel from Legacy Image ..." message with mine,
>> just "Booting image ...".
>>
>> What toolchain did you use to build the kernel ?
>
>I'm building it with: build.sh -m evbarm kernel=SHEEVAPLUG (cross
>build from amd64).

Ok, I cross built from amd64 too with the same machine value, I built
the tools using build.sh then just ran nbconfig and make.

>Then I use the netbsd.ub generated. Is there anything else to do?

The only thing I did different originally was to use netbsd.gz.ub, I
have just tried netbsd.ub and it worked too though.

I normally use a custom SHEEVAPLUG config with fewer filesystem types
in it no Bluetooth and most USB options removed, the data size is
still larger than what uboot is reporting to you. Are you using the
default config ?

With the default config I get a reported data size of 4.7MB, it also
works fine for me.

Robert Swindells