Re: GPIO I2C SPI

On 29 Aug 2013, at 3:52 PM, fabiodive <fabiodive%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> at http://wiki.netbsd.org/ports/evbarm/raspberry_pi/
> there is a nice table with the current features of NetBSD on RPI,
>
> I would like to know if NetBSD supports to writing/receiving to:
>
> GPIO pins

No, but adding support should be trivial.

> SPI bus

Yes, although I never tested it.

> I2C bus

Yes, although I never tested it.

> if somebody has experience..which directives should I use to enable
> the above features into the kernel

They are enabled in default RPI kernel image in HEAD branch at least since
February. So you don't need to do anything special if you are using recent
daily build.

> and provide the user-space of the
> interfaces?

For I2C consult the iic(4) man page, also see the i2cscan(8) utility and its
source.

For GPIO see gpio(4) man page.

For SPI as far as I know there are no generic user-space components provided,
besides support for SPI flashes.

--
Best regards,
Radoslaw Kujawa