Re: qemu for rpi emulation

On Thu, Aug 15, 2013 at 11:08:33AM -0700, Jeff Rizzo wrote:
> While I agree with this, I think we should come up with a documented
> migration path from netbsd-6 to netbsd-7 which discusses the differences
> between arm and earm, and how to do compatibility for old binaries.
> Most arm folks will likely not be "upgrading" but "reinstalling" - but
> should we cover the upgrading case as well?

MKCOMPAT=yes and options COMPAT_NETBSD32 should do the trick.
Similar to our compat for sparc on sparc64 it adds a /usr/lib/oabi directory
with separate ld.elf_so and libs, so hopefully all old binaries keep
working.

A problem, however, are pkgsrc and third party (local) libraries, as
soon as you start rebuilding eabi pkgs and replace the old libs in-place.

Martin