Re: beaglebone: changing cpu frequency

On 1 Aug 2013, at 3:03 AM, Matt Thomas <matt%3am-software.com@localhost> wrote:

> I still need a good method to get the powersource from the tps65217pmic so
> I can limit the frequencies when power is limited.

The power source is checked in the driver, but it's only used to print the
current source during attachment. The value of this register is never checked
again later.

I think we have at least two ways to do it:

- Make TPS65217 generate an interrupt upon power source change. The interrupt
line from TPS is connected to NNMI input on Sitara. I'm not really sure if it's
a good idea to generate interrupt on a line that is labeled "NNMI", sounds
dangerous (but it's not like I've actually checked what happens if you trigger
it).

- Just make an additional sysmon indicator and poll the value of TPS register
as a part of sysmon refresh in tps65217pmic driver. Then send an event to
powerd(8) upon change of the power source. Possibly additional
sensor_powersource should be defined to make this an elegant solution. The
powerd(8) could react and change CPU speed via script that writes to sysctl.

--
Best regards,
Radoslaw Kujawa