Re: Raspberry Pi and 6.1 RC1?

On Sun, Feb 24, 2013 at 01:29:04PM +0100, Manuel Bouyer wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 23, 2013 at 12:35:41PM +0100, Christof Meerwald wrote:
> > As 6.1 RC1 has been released I am just wondering how I could
> > install/upgrade my Raspberry Pi to that...
> >
> > Is there a way to install (or at least upgrade) using the "official"
> > 6.1 RC1 binary sets? I guess the userland would the the easier part,
> > but what about the kernel?
> You're talking about upgrade, I guess you already have NetBSD running ?
> what version is it ?

Well, I used one of the images that have been posted to this mailing
list in January (ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/misc/skrll/).

> You can probably install 6.1 RC1 the same way you installed the NetBSD
> version you have running now.

I have now manually updated the userland with the 6.1rc1 binary sets
(and it still seems to work), but my understanding is that the
Raspberry Pi requires the kernel in a different format than the one
that's available from the ftp site
http://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-6.1_RC1/evbarm/binary/kernel/netbsd-RPI.gz

Christof

http://cmeerw.org                              sip:cmeerw at cmeerw.org