Re: New Raspberry Pi image

On 01/25/13 16:59, Stephan wrote:
Hi Nick,

Hi,

the image from January 10th boots faster and feels more responsive.
For example, when I scp a file from localhost to localhost, the
throughput is 1.0 - 1.2 MB/s with that image. In contrast, with the
image from yesterday throughput is only 750 kb/s.

The latest one uses LOCKDEBUG which does slow things down quite a lot.

  I testet the recent
FreeBSD image, too. It achieves 1.5 MB/s throughput in that test.

Is FreeBSD stable? I saw some interesting pmap changes in FreeBSD which made me wonder.

As for X, it works but sometimes the Pi reboots when I start the
server. It also crashed one time when exiting X.

This is most likely USB  which still has issues that we're working on.

I am interested in the changes that were made between the 2 releases.

Best watch source-changes for this.

I´m also interested in a list of open issues
(missing/incomplete/unstable things).

http://wiki.netbsd.org/ports/evbarm/raspberry_pi has some information

Thanks,

Stephan