Re: Problems booting NSLU2 (slug)

On 10/09/2012, at 10:18 PM, Matt Thomas <matt%3am-software.com@localhost> wrote:

> On Sep 10, 2012, at 1:15 AM, Dave Tyson wrote:

>>> Nope, that's how the kernel enter DDB.
>>
>> OK, that presumably happens after the KASSERT. I'll try and work through the
>> code and see why the assert is tripped - this must be early on as I don't
>> see
>> the symbol/seqment sizes message.
>
> This is fixed in -current.  Maybe the changes were never submitted for pullup
> to netbsd-6.

Why do people (ab)use English this way, maybe I'm just getting obstreperous in
my old age. What is "this"? Is it the assertion that tripped, or the missing
symbol/seqment sizes message?

I was taught to be very careful of references like "this" and "it" during my
postgrad studies and some lessons stick ;-)

Cheers,
Lloyd