Re: Recommendations for small NetBSD network box

On Thu, Sep 6, 2012 at 11:35 PM, eric koorn <eric.koorn%gmail.com@localhost>
wrote:

On Wed, Sep 5, 2012 at 10:22 PM, David Brownlee <abs%absd.org@localhost> wrote:

> Requirements are pretty simple:
> - At least two Ethernet interfaces (100base fine)
> - Enough RAM to to run NAT (probably pf), and IPSEC or OpenVPN
> (fortunately not both) for up to about 50 web (or weblike) clients &
> sshd
> - Small (sub mini-itx), and cased (looks like a product)
> - USB port to plug in a 3G dongle would be nice.

I have several pcengine alix2d13 x86 systems with ide 2.5" hdd running NetBSD.
They function as a combination of router, firewall, nas and ssh + wiki
+ scm server.
The housing is to small to contain the hdd but I attached it on top of the box.
This system will cost you appr 200 USD including 2.5" HDD and has 3 eth.
2(4) usb and 1 mini-pci slot available. Power consumption appr 7 W

But 50 concurrent ssh connections will be a bit much for this system I think :-)

--
Ciao, Eric