Re: Raspberry Pi Hardware Donation

Hello,

On Wed, 4 Jul 2012 07:09:59 +0200
"S.P.Zeidler" <spz%serpens.de@localhost> wrote:

> Thus wrote David Howland (dhowland%gmail.com@localhost):
>
> > I am purchasing some Raspberry Pi boards and I'd like to get NetBSD on
> > them.  I'd like to help the porting effort if I can.  Does TNF or the
> > port-ARM maintainers need hardware to begin?  If so, please let me
> > know as I may be able to assist.
>
> There has been some work on getting NetBSD to the RPi already.
> I don't know if more hardware would help (someone else should speak up);
> testing certainly will.

I've been asked by a few people if I would write a video driver - the
problem right now is that no matter where you look they're out of
stock, and have been for a while. I'm sure there are a few people with
interest but no hardware.

> And if you were in a position to convince hardware manufacturers to give
> access to components' manuals, your help would be very valuable indeed. :)

Especially the graphics part - I'd like to do at least basic 2D stuff
in order to get a decent console and X.

have fun
Michael