Re: Panic on Seagate Dockstar at boot using recent -current

Andy Ruhl <acruhl%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:
>I built a kernel from sources synced a few hours ago for my dockstar.
>I decided to try both the new conf file for SHEEVAPLUG as well as the
>one I've been using before, and they both panic right when the kernel
>starts init. I had to plug in my serial cable to find out. The last
>kernel I built that was working was from July 22nd and I would have
>synced src just before building it.
>
>Here's what happened with bt output:
>
>scsibus0 at umass0: 2 targets, 1 lun per target
>sd0 at scsibus0 target 0 lun 0: <ST350064, 1A, 3.AA> disk fixed
>sd0: fabricating a geometry
>sd0: 465 GB, 476940 cyl, 64 head, 32 sec, 512 bytes/sect x 976773168 sectors
>boot device: <unknown>
>root on sd0a dumps on sd0b
>sd0: fabricating a geometry
>WARNING: clock lost 4276 days
>WARNING: using filesystem time
>WARNING: CHECK AND RESET THE DATE!
>warning: no /dev/console
>panic: init died (signal 0, exit 11)
>Stopped in pid 1.1 (init) at    netbsd:cpu_Debugger+0x4:        bx      r14

I have built a kernel and userland yesterday for my Sheevaplug and it
netboots fine, but has the same problem as your Dockstar if I try to
boot from a SD card.

The panic is to be expected if init(8) doesn't start up.

My netbooted system shows symptoms of lost interrupts if I try to
build any packages so you might want to stay with an older kernel for
now.

Robert Swindells