Re: Silence on boot with Dreamplug.

Ted Lemon wrote:
>On May 14, 2011, at 11:17 AM, <rjs%fdy2.demon.co.uk@localhost> wrote:
>> Have you tried using the uncompressed netbsd.ub file ?

>Same results, unfortunately:

Ok.

You shouldn't see the error that was in your previous post:

>Marvell>> bootm
>Wrong Image Format for bootm command
>ERROR: can't get kernel image!

I don't think you get the "Legacy Image" message on a Sheevaplug either.

Maybe there are some differences in what the version of U-Boot on your
device is doing from what the older one on a Sheevaplug does.

>So it looks like it's not initializing the console correctly.

Or it is hanging up completely for some other reason.

>Am I correct in thinking that it would be finding a console and
>displaying messages if it were a Sheevaplug?

You would see console output on a Sheevaplug.

>Is there something wrong with my boot commands?

You shouldn't need to specify an address.

>Has anybody booted NetBSD-current circa yesterday on the Sheevaplug?

I will try one in a bit.

Robert Swindells