Re: IMX31 console support

Madhu,

you are correct, the imxuart driver doesn't have user device function yet.
at the time it was written (2007), we weren't getting to init yet,
for lack of a root device IIRC.

regards,

    -cliff-

On Jul 15, 2009, at 4:12 AM, Madhu wrote:

Hi Matt,

I am booting the IMX31LITE with the ramdisk, but it hangs when executing the /sbin/init command. Quick check on the imxuart.c showed that there is no console support added in the code (no file operation is implemented)
Am I missing anything.

Thanks,
Madhu.