bad dir ino 4 at offset 80: mangled entry

Hi All,

I am using Cygwin to build the kernel + ramdisk image to be loaded onto a ARM
based target machine.

I used nbmakefs to make a custom ramdisk image and then inserted this image
into kernel image using arm--netbsdelf-mdsetimage.
Then I used arm--netbsdelf-objcopy to change the image format from
elf32-littlearm to binary. I loaded this image into the target machine's RAM
using Lauterbach ICE.  The kernel boots successfully upto the following
error/problem:

First bad, reclen=0x3b0, DIRSIZ=24, namlen=13, flags=0x5001,
entryoffsetinblock=80, dirblksiz = 512
/: bad dir ino 4 at offset 80: mangled entry
panic: bad dir

What could be the reason for this?
Is it to do with the tools nbmakefs, arm--netbsdelf-mdsetimage?

Thanks.