Re: ARM kernel module supported reloc types

On Thu, Dec 18, 2008 at 09:35:02PM -0800, Matt Thomas wrote:
> Yes.  PC24 is not appropriate in dynamic shared library loading but
> since kernel modules are simple .o files, it is appropriate.

Ok, so the next hole I fall into is symbols being too far for the PC24
reloc to resolve (printf in the example modules), and a crash related
to the auto-loading of the compat module.

The second one I haven't dug into very much (it gave me a reason to give
up for the night), but the first is interesting -- in the old LKM frame-
work, the lkmtramp.awk scripts generated trampoline code for all targets
of PC24 relocs... do we have an equivalent for the new modules?  Where is
this supposed to happen in the new world order?

Thanks,
--rafal

--
  Time is an illusion; lunchtime, doubly so.     |/\/\|           Rafal Boni
                   -- Ford Prefect               |\/\/|