Re: Maximum disk size on a Shark

> Does anyone know if there's a limit on the size of disk that
> the shark firmware can support?

I'm not aware of any such.

> I recently bought a 80G laptop drive to put in it, but the firmware
> doesn't seem to be able to see it, and NetBSD install kernel can't find
> it either (I think it just asks the OFW code).

How is the drive partitioned?

I have two sharks, each now equipped with each their own 160GB
laptop drive, one running 5.0_BETA, the other 4.0, both say:

wd0 at atabus0 drive 0: <SAMSUNG HM160HC>
wd0: drive supports 16-sector PIO transfers, LBA48 addressing
wd0: 149 GB, 310101 cyl, 16 head, 63 sec, 512 bytes/sect x 312581808 sectors
wd0: drive supports PIO mode 4, DMA mode 2, Ultra-DMA mode 5 (Ultra/100)

Firmware is:

DNARD Rev. 5, 08:00:2b:81:63:3d , 32 MB memory
Open Firmware  Built February 25, 1998 17:19:25
Copyright 1997 FirmWorks  All Rights Reserved

For reasons I won't go into here, I don't have the console log
showing the other shark booting, and it's doing pkgsrc bulk
builds, so I don't want to disturb it needlessly.

In my case, I have a separate root partition at the start of the
disk, in my cases 300MB or 1.4GB large.

Regards,

- Håvard