Re: NetBSD 4.0.1 install on TS-7200

>Try making the board issue the appropriate boot command itself via the
>RedBoot "boot script" functionality, and connect a cross-gdb for NetBSD
>arm-elf to the serial port. If you say (in gdb) "target remote <name of
>serial port>" it should connect and recognize that string as a trap signal
>packet. The timing may be important; I'm not sure how it reacts to any
>garbage the redboot/TS bootloaders spew out before trapping...

I will give that a try.  The latest problem I've been having is trying
to get a cross-gdb build (I followed the instructions in src/tools/gdb6,
but it somehow still build a native-arm gdb.  Still working on that).

>If you get it to connect, you should be able to load the symbol tables
>from a non-stripped copy of the same kernel, so you'll probably have to
>enable full symbol table in the kernel config. However, if this is the
>RedBoot GDB stub kicking in, the trap's probably in either the RedBoot or
>TS bootloader, or in any case so extremely early that NetBSD bootstrap
>hasn't yet installed its own trap vectors -- so the virtual addresses of
>the kernel symbol table may not be a whole lot of help. Can you figure out
>where it bombs from the kernel ELF headers and the PC reported by the GDB
>stub?

Well ... based on what you said from that gdb string, the address
reported by the program counter was outside of the range the kernel
runs in.  Unless I did my math wrong (always possible).  I'll see what
gdb reports, assuming I get it working.

--Ken