Re: NetBSD 4.0.1 install on TS-7200

Rafal Boni wrote:

> On Tue, Dec 02, 2008 at 08:16:02PM -0500, Ken Hornstein wrote:
>
> > 3) How was this ever built?  (Seems like the problem is the -v flag to
> >    mdsetimage; that could very well be a MacOS-specific problem.  I'll
> >    look into that further).
>
> This is a OSX specific problem and I think has been fixed in the 5.0 branch
> as well as -current.  Ok, maybe worked around, but I recall discussion of
> this on a more generic list (current-users?  tech-kern?).

There's a problem with getopt(3) and the tools libcompat and MacOS.
Look at

  http://mail-index.netbsd.org/tech-toolchain/2008/02/04/msg000025.html
  http://mail-index.netbsd.org/tech-toolchain/2008/06/09/msg000220.html
  http://mail-index.netbsd.org/current-users/2008/06/28/msg003259.html

for some info.  In current, src/distrib/common/Makefile.mdset does this:

        OPSYS!= uname -s
        .if ${OPSYS} == "Darwin"
        MDSETIMAGEFLAGS=
        .else