Re: Xorg on shark

Hello,

On Nov 4, 2008, at 7:36 PM, Hubert Feyrer wrote:

On Tue, 4 Nov 2008, Michael wrote:
we now have native Xorg support for both rev. 4 and rev. 5 sharks in -current. Rev. 5 is still unaccelerated but writing an accelerated driver isn't very difficult, maybe I'll get around to do it.

Woah, excellent - thanks a lot! :)

Should we ship an xorg.conf file, or will "X -configure" give something working? ISTR that with XFree I had to hunt down a XF86Config file...

We should make config files available - wsfb still can't probe and chips does but for some reason fails on my rev. 4 ( used to work in xf86 though ). The other reason is that we should disable the composite and damage extensions by default since they cause a severe slowdown on slow hw like this ( I mean the ct65550 first, then the strongarm ;) )

have fun
Michael