Re: how to build root filesystem for ixp425

On Thu, Aug 14, 2008 at 11:14 AM, Stavros Markou <stma%antcor.com@localhost>
wrote:
> I am trying to build a root filesystem using the mini guide at
> http://people.freebsd.org/~cognet/freebsd_arm.txt but with no luck for
> IXP425.
NetBSD has its own mechanisms to build root file system by 'one click'.
Unfortunaly I don't know about FreeBSD cross-compilation technique.

> I have build the kernel which is loaded fine but when the root filesystem is
> mounted via NFS i get : exec /sbin/init : error 8 , so i think that maybe
> the root filesystem i 've built is not right.
Look to the /sbin/init source code. It should be somehow simple to
understand what the error code 8 means.

--
With Best Regards,
Andy Shevchenko