Re: [ARM32] panic when sshd responding

thorpej%shagadelic.org@localhost wrote:

> > Is it worth to enable page loaning on virtual address indexed
> > cache (and physical address tagged) systems?
>
> Page loaning implies read-only pages, so what issues are there with
> incompatible cache aliases?

Well, I forgot that arm pmap supported shared mappings which had
different VAC indexes if the page was read only so maybe it could
be worth than copying. I just remembered that mips (whose pmap
didn't support shared incompatible mappings) got bad performance
if page loaingn was enabled.

Anyway, if we can specify VA which has compatible index with
a page to be shared, it's more efficient..
---
Izumi Tsutsui