Re: AAPCS compatibility

On Apr 5, 2008, at 4:49 AM, Richard Earnshaw wrote:
The major difference is alignment of 64-bit types, which in AAPCS is
64-bit, versus 32-bit in our ABI.

I think this might be a good time to look at making the switch, there
are a number of other benefits from doing so, such as access to a larger
range of compilers, better support for C++ exceptions, etc.

R.

AAPCS has short-enums but it seems we can say we don't use them with still
being AAPCS?

Instead of assigning enumeration containers as described above, a
virtual platform may elect to use word-sized containers (int and
unsigned int) for all enumeration types. In this case, the container
type is int unless the upper bound is greater than 2147483647. A
platform standard must document its choice.