Clock error on bootup - NSLU2

I get the following error message when the NSLU2 is booting up.

xrtc0: xrtc_clock_read: failed to read rtc at 0x0
xrtc0: xrtc_clock_read: failed to read rtc at 0x0
WARNING: preposterous TOD clock time
WARNING: using filesystem time
WARNING: CHECK AND RESET THE DATE!

I understand that the NSLU2 clock is not battery backed, thus the preposterous TOD clock time warning. Do the first two lines indicate some different problem, or is this related to the lack of battery backup as well.

Thanks,
Don