Re: Does NetBSD-arm support SMP ?

On Feb 1, 2008, at 1:29 PM, Chris Gilbert wrote:

PowerMan wrote:
Does NetBSD-arm support SMP ?
I get to know the new Cortex-A8 is a dual core.
Not at the moment. The existing support is around the acorn32 Hydra, and that's not really fully supported.

I believe that first we'd need an updated pmap, which the work Matt is doing in the matt-armv6 branch would help with (as I think Cortex is armv7?) the reason for this is the handling of virtual vs physical addresses, all the older arms use virtually indexed and tagged cache making SMP very hard to do.

Of course the sooner someone gets their hands on these things the sooner it'd be ported to :)

Give a Cortex-A8 and I'll make it work. :)