Subject: Re: NetBSD/evbarm NEO1973 netboot (roadmap)
To: None <port-arm@NetBSD.org, community@lists.openmoko.org>
From: Noud de Brouwer <noud4@home.nl>
List: port-arm
Date: 10/18/2007 22:29:15
>Congrats! What are your plans to integrate this and to provide more drivers?

Christos and all,

obvious a certain person needs cvs commit ;) to integrate

plans..what i'd like to see is:

-debug usb_add and my usb_add setup..
 i crash after some minutes (but that's just the emulator side)

-debug the boot on real hardware
 i don't have any but, 1 person does testboots and has different results.
 so far he's done them w/o console, but he's getting closer to his debug
board,
 there maybe having console.

we're now at the point all tooling is there.

-hope to get an X desktop this weekend or at the least know how much
 wscons wsdisplay there is using lcd0.

-usb keyboard for wscons wskbd should be there(?)
 but usb keyboard on a neo-on-the-go looks a bit odd..so i'll try touch
screen first

-NAND file system has been mentioned a few times in
 http://mail-index.netbsd.org/tech-embed/
 and recently in
 http://mail-index.netbsd.org/tech-kern/
 so i stay off that
 whilst .. http://www.gelato.unsw.edu.au/lxr/source/drivers/mtd/nand/
 is a good starting point ;) and would be doable if i succeed the
touchscreen(?).
 but/and mind.. already multiple people have stated they have
 private implementations willing to share .. so we could have nand soon

-http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/AUX_button
-http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Neo1973_Power_Button

-(SDHC) sd card
-agps, audio, gsm/gprs

-vibrator, backlight, accelerometer, etcetera

-pkgsrc additions
-pkgsrc/meta-pkgs/openmoko
-pkgsrc/wm/matchbox-moko
-pkgsrc/*/etcetera-moko

think it's an interesting target (personal) machine w/ much modern appliance
so others should join-in. (could be a hackaton subject,
and good pr ..NetBSD endorses OpenMoko and Neo1973 in a week)
--noud