Port-amigappc archive

amigappc test kernel for CSPPC and BPPC

Hi,

anybody who owns a CSPPC or BPPC can test the generic kernel under
  ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/misc/phx/amigappc/netbsd.gz

For the beginning you should just check whether the kernel reaches the
"askroot" prompt on you machine. To boot the kernel you need "gobsdppc"
from
  ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/misc/phx/amigappc/gobsdppc.gz

gobsdppc loads and relocates the kernel for your memory configuration and
starts the PowerPC. I tried to fix it for BPPC users by copying the boot
code below 0xfff03000. For a test (with debugging symbols) you should do:

  gobsdppc askroot symbols

When it works fine for most people I can also upload the amigappc userland
archives (you will need a NetBSD/amiga installation to install amigappc).

The IDE drivers are completely untested, so I'm expecting system hangs while
scanning for drives, etc..

Please report your test results, so I know what to fix next.

--
Frank Wille