Re: dd miniroot.fs into CF card from non-amiga NetBSD box

On 2017/02/23 0:50, Michael van Elst wrote:
If you created the partitioning from AmigaOS then you see the
"disk" geometry in HdToolbox and can calculate the start by
multiplying LowCyl * SecPerCyl = LowCyl * nHeads * nSectors.

The alternative is to use

http://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/misc/mlelstv/rdbedit.tgz.

with a slightly cryptic user interface. It lets you

- create an AmigaOS partition table (RDB) starting on blkno 2.
- dump the table as a disktab that you can use with disklabel -w
  to write an additional NetBSD disklabel to blkno 1.

The result is a medium or image that is understood by AmigaOS, NetBSD/amiga
and other NetBSD archs. If you don't want to go through the experience
of miniroot.fs, you can also unpack the sets and complete a bootable image
in a few steps on your non-Amiga NetBSD box.

Thank you so much for your kind instruction. I will try them (or third
method told by Dirk) this weekend, and report the results here.

I'm looking forward to seeing NetBSD working fine on my A1200!

Thanks,
rin