Re: Xorg for amiga

> On 13 Nov 2015, at 09:54, Frank Wille <frank%phoenix.owl.de@localhost> wrote:
>
> Alexander Coers wrote:
>
>> I can test Voodoo3 and Permedia2 driver with G-Rex PCI., if you like.
>
> Great! Is the Permedia2 on a CVPPC, or a different card?

The genfb driver should work with both CVPPC and PCI Permedia 2 installed in G-REX. Provided that the firmware will boot the card.

We also have pm2fb driver, that supports blitting and what not. It was slightly improved recently and now it may work too, I was supposed to test it but never found the time...

> Unfortunately the voodoofb console driver only works for Voodoo2, but you
> should still be able to run X on it.

The voodoofb driver supports Voodoo 3 (and in fact, only Voodoo 3). The thing is that it can't cold boot the card. But that's not really a problem with G-REX where CSPPC firmware does it. It should work. Provided that G-REX support didn't bitrot by now.

Voodoo 1/2 is supported by tdvfb, including cold boot, but it's very slow with Amiga anyway (since they don't have any real blitter).

Both Permedia 2 and Voodoo 3 will need P5PB_CONSOLE kernel option, which is disabled by default (see the WSCONS kernel config).

Radoslaw