Re: Large memory Amigas

John Klos wrote:

> My A4000 has 128 megs of memory, and is fine, but my A1200 has 256 and
> can't use more than 64 megs at a time, if you recall. Now there's a new
> Zorro III memory product that adds either 128 megs or 256 megs:
> [...]

Yes, I have read about it. Very interesting, although I doubt that Z3 memory
can be much faster than the 16 megs mainboard RAM. At least you wouldn't
want to run any code in it.

> This will certainly exacerbate the large memory problem. But an Amiga
> with a gig or more of memory is possible, and it'd certainly help with
> building certain packages, so it'd be nice to see this issue fixed for
> good.

Agreed.

I remember Michael Hitch once suggested to give up Sun/68k compatibility and
start using the address space beyond 0x10000000? I'm all for it. I doubt
that the few persons who use NetBSD/amiga care about Sun/68k compatibility.

--
Frank Wille