Re: Rebooting somehow stopped working

Hi,

Here's a followup: this happens when booting from the bootblock and going into AGA mode. I can boot with exactly the same options (netbsd -ASn2) and just remove the "A", and it'll reboot on its own just fine thereafter.

I checked all the other things which have changed recently - the PCMCIA card, the devices on the SCSI chain, and none of them matter. I also checked to see if this is true regardless of the version of NetBSD, and it happens with netbsd-5 going back to August through current from a few days ago. It also happens regardless of using wscons or not.

I used to have the kernel not use AGA modes by default because I have a scandoubler and I thought that 15 kHz modes would allow text to scroll faster, but I tested this while I had the machine local, and it's not, so I decided to update the bootblock to allow AGA mode. This was after the power supply blew up, and it hasn't been back to the datacenter since, which is why I'm only noticing now.

I also tried updating the bootblocks to netbsd-5 from today, and I see the same behaviour.

Any ideas?

John