Re: Keyboard lockup with NetBSD5

Alexander Coers wrote:

>> Unfortunately you cannot use "vmstat -i", but I would bet that you
>> have more level 2 interrupts than just from the keyboard.
>
> Since this kernel heals itself, I will try to install a full NetBSD5
> system.
> Maybe then I can use vmstat...

I'm not sure. Maybe you need a NetBSD-current (5.99) userland.

I could upload the files, if you want. This would be a good basis for
further test-kernels.

>> What you and Chris Edwards, who reported the problem before, have in
>> common
>> is a PCMCIA card plugged in. Does such a card generate level 6 or
>> level 2
>> interupts? Did you already try without it? Or is there any other
>> additional
>> interrupt source (SCSI? Should be level 6, though).
>>

> There is no difference between network card being plugged in or not.

Hm. But why are there some A1200-owners without this problem, like John
Klos? What is the difference?

> How can I check what IRQ level is used?

From the source (gayle_pcmcia.c) I would guess that IRQ level 6 is used for
inserting/removing a card and IRQ level 2 for data.

> I will test whatever you throw at me....

A few days ago I checked the differences between the source of the last
working kernel (4.0 or 4.0.1?) and 5.0. In the Amiga-specific source there
are *no* differences at all!

The kern source is used by A3000s and A4000s as well. So maybe there are
changes in the PCMCIA code causing this behaviour?

For another test I compiled a minimal kernel with just a few devices to make
the system start. There is no PCMCIA code in this kernel. Please have a look
if it makes any difference:
  ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/misc/phx/kbdtest1.tar.gz

--
Frank Wille