Re: return CERROR result in a0 too (was: More toolchain issues)

Hi,

It seems that the -current sets I'm runnning have the change, but the problem still exists, even though some symptoms are fixed.

Running Frank's program without unlimiting gives me:

88 MB
89 MB
90 MB
91 MB
92 MB
93 MB
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

When the program gets to 93 megs, it chews on CPU for quite a while before it dumps core:

 1149 john      30    0    95M   93M RUN        0:49 62.13% 60.94% alloc_test

It takes a little less than two minutes, even though the system never touches swap or had anything else meaningful running.

When I unlimit, it runs to 185 megs or so before it starts hitting swap.

However, pkgsrc/devel/pcre still fails, and I have to wonder why the process limits aren't honored...

It's certainly interesting!

John