Re: new NetBSD user dummy questions - change root password problem

Dear Radek,
thanks for your answer.
Yes, I forgot to mention:
I installed NetBSD 4.0.1 and I have a 68060 CPU.

Yes, I use passwd command.

The passwd file is the default one. I don't know yet how I can manage to post
it here, as my NetBSD system is still very basic with no e-mail or other
luxury. Just one single console.

I tried pwhash <some string>, and it will print encrypted data.

Can I as workaround use vipw command to inset this string in passwd file
without locking me out off the system?

But to get passwd command working would be better, if possible.
Bye,
Andreas

-------- Original-Nachricht --------

http://www.gmx.net/de/go/multimessenger01