Re: NetBSD-current on Amiga?

 I'm looking at it, and will hopefully figure out what the problem is and
fix it for the 4.0 release.

It's apparently some default in gcc which has changed. Perhaps -m68020 needs to be explicitely set as the default so that 64 bit operations are not generated. The alternative of making -68060 sets isn't very tidy. But if anyone wants -m68060 built sets, please let me know.

 I tried the -current kernel again, and found that it wasn't hung - it
was just having even more pagefaults than my 4.0_BETA kernel.  The
4.0_BETA kernel would take 3-4 seconds to run the 'w' command, and the
-current kernel was taking several minutes(!).  I just needed to be a bit
more patient :-)  [I had over 10 million faults just starting /sbin/init
and /bin/sh (actually bash), which seems a little excessive to say the
least.]

That was where I was stuck before. I guessed that that was the problem, but I didn't have the time to wait for the system to finish booting.

What kind of faults are you seeing mostly?

 I took a quick looks at the diffs between 3.1 and 4.0, but didn't spot
any glaring differences.  I'll need to go through them again, looking a
little closer.

Well, I think it'd be more of an issue of what's different in the toolchain between the two.

 Another thing I noticed is that if I enter the ddb debugger a few times
and get a traceback, it seems to get programs started quicker.  The
problem appears to occur primarily when programs start up.

Interesting...

John Klos
--
Today is the day that my destiny calls me!
  Meowth