Re: New replacement for "hdtoolbox"

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
> Subject: New replacement for "hdtoolbox"
> To: None <port-amiga%netbsd.org@localhost>
> From: Florian Stoehr <netbsd%wolfnode.de@localhost>
> List: port-amiga
> Date: 05/17/2005 10:49:34
> Dear Amiga list,
>
> I wrote a program to replace Amiga OS' hdtoolbox program for
> NetBSD.
>
> The intention of this tool was to replace hdtoolbox in a
> NetBSD-only environment (no AmigaOS required at all).
>
> This is by far not "finished", but it already serves the
> following two purposes:
>
> (1) Cross-partition any harddisk for NetBSD/amiga use from
> any other NetBSD platform (put the disk in your i386 or
> whatever, create partitions, copy miniroot.fs to slice b,
> and install the Amiga).
>
> (2) Add/remove/resize slices, either from NetBSD/amiga itself
> or from any other NetBSD platform. Note that you must reboot
> the amiga after changing slice sizes in order to make the
> changes take effect (I know no other way of rereading the
> disklabel - "-r" doesn't work?)
>
> As this is not finished and my possibilities to test it are
> limited, use this new thing with CARE. Known limitations:
>
> - Interactive use only (like the disklabel interactive interface)
> - CANNOT HANDLE AMIGA OS PARTITIONS. WILL DESTROY NON-NETBSD
> PARTITIONS. REWRITES THE TABLE ENTIRELY, SO USE ONLY WITH PURE
> NETBSD DISKS
>
> Of course, there might be a bunch of other bugs (I could only
> test with two disks and one Amiga 4000 system).
>
> Beside that, there's no need to use AmigaOS if you only want
> to install NetBSD anymore. Even "a bit software" is better than
> "no software" at all.
>
> Feel free to test this - of couse at your own risk - and
> send comments or patches back to me.
>
> The program is called "neb-hdtoolbox" and available via
> pkgsrc-wip (pkgsrc-wip.sourceforge.net).
>
> Read the manpage before using it.
>
> Have fun!
> -Florian

Hi Florian,

thanks for the effort, I've been quite searching for something like this! I'd
like to prepare a SCSI drive for a fresh 3.01 install, however I only have a
FreeBSD 6.1 i386 system at hand at the moment. I tried to compile
neb-hdtoolbox, but no luck:

[root@bsdbox ~/temp]# make
cc -O2 -fno-strict-aliasing -pipe  -c neb-hdtoolbox.c
neb-hdtoolbox.c:21:18: util.h: No such file or directory
neb-hdtoolbox.c: In function `GetDefaultLabel':
neb-hdtoolbox.c:467: error: `DIOCGDEFLABEL' undeclared (first use in this
function)
neb-hdtoolbox.c:467: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
neb-hdtoolbox.c:467: error: for each function it appears in.)
*** Error code 1

Stop in /root/temp.

System sources are installed, and I found several files called util.h, yet none
of them seems to be the one that's needed. Any chance for a workaround?

Regards,
Jost Menke