Re: Installing NetBSD 2.0 on A1200 -> panic: MMU fault

On 6/25/05, Ignatios Souvatzis <is%netbsd.org@localhost> wrote:
[...]
> This sounds very wrong. Can you please report _exactly_ what you typed
> to boot, and how you partitioned the disk?

Thanks for replying. Sure - I initially went with the default boot
line "netbsd -ASn2", then I tried -AS and -A (if I read the notes
right I shouldn't need the -n2 option) with the same result.

I've taken screengrabs of the hard disk partition details to avoid the
risk of typos, five 7kb png images, at the url below.
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/channel0/screens/screens.htm

In case you can't get to that, hopefully this is all the relevant info in text:

Name    DosType         FS      Size    Automnt Custom Boot Code
DH0     0x444f5303      FFS     100MB   yes     no
DH1     0x444f5303      FFS     1002MB  yes     no
root    0x4e425207      Custom  128MB   yes     yes, 16 blocks
swap    0x4e425301      Custom  128MB   yes     yes, 16 blocks
var     0x4e425507      Custom  64MB    no      no
usr     0x4e425507      Custom  2701MB  no      no

I followed the install notes to the letter as far as creating the
partitions with HDToolBox, except for increasing the partition sizes,
as far as I can tell, but maybe I missed something. Cheers.

Tony