Re: dumb (?) question regarding xpm

In article <41D5886F.5040604%a500.de@localhost>,
        Ruediger Engel <granada%a500.de@localhost> writes:
> I've succesfully installed NetBSD 2.0 on my A1200/030 (playing around a
> bit on a boring Friday...). Now I wanted to install xpm-3.4k from
> pkgsrc, but when typing "make" it complains being "part of your X11
> distribution".

Which is correct because NetBSD-amiga 2.0 uses X11 bits based on
XFree86 4.4.0 which includes the "xpm" library.

> How to install xpm?

If you installed the X11 binary sets distributed with NetBSD 2.0 you
already have it on your system.

> Other programs like icewm or fvwm depend on xpm!

Just let the package system handle it. It will notice that you don't
need the "xpm" package.

        Kind regards

--
Matthias Scheler                                  http://scheler.de/~matthias/