Re: strange error

Hey, Al!

> I thought that I would be able to find the answer to this on google, but I
> was only able to find 4 messages dated 1998. So, that was not alot of
> help.

Well, this is more of a general library issue that a specific issue.

> Here is my problem when I tried use wget this is the output that I got:
>
> agnus: {107} wget http://www.datazap.net/
> /usr/libexec/ld.so: Call to binder from unknown location: 0x80a3940
>
> Anyone have any idea why I am getting this?

Hmmm... Bad library calls. Don't know why. But you can probably fix it by
rebuilding a new wget. Easiest thing to do, I think, would be to run "make
update" in /usr/pkgsrc/net/wget/.

> Also, I am having problems with analog running out of memory. I was
> wondering if this is somehow related.

Not very likely at all. The problem is that analog needs lots of memory
for large logs. My web logs are around 1.5 gigs a month, and even though
they get split into individual domains before analog is run on them, at
least one of the domains dumps core when it runs out of memory.

Although you can have more than 128 megs in an Amiga, the largest size of
a single task is 128 megs. You either need to split your logs to smaller
sizes, or you need to move them to a different architecture to run analog
on them.

Another thing which might help is that you check the analog.cx site to see
if they have any memory saving tips.

John Klos
Sixgirls Computing Labs