Re: installation probs

Hello,

> I`ve probs on installing the NetBSD partitions on my HD :-(
> I`ve doublechecked all settings on HDToolsBox but `root` and `swap` are not
> displayed at the early startup menu :-(
> Can anybody help me ?

Let's try. First, some SCSI controllers don't seem to be capable of
booting NetBSD type bootblocks. I had this problem with the 1230 SCSI
add-on for the Blizzard 1260. I ended up installing a CompactFlash to IDE
adapter and booting the kernel off of an 8 meg CF card.

What kind of drive controller are you trying to use to boot?

> BTW: I`ve also tried to install an ADOS partition on the same HD to check if
> the HD is OK and this partition came up in ESM but not `root` and `swap` :-(

I've had success doing it in this order: set up the partition but leave
automount off on everything excep the swap used for the installer, install
NetBSD, then go back into AmigaDOS and turn on automount so the drives can
be booted (and maybe set the boot priority).

But if you can't boot the installer yet...

Do you have drives on other controllers, such as SCSI on an A3000 or IDE
on an A1200 or A4000? You could use that to boot and compile a kernel that
has a different root partition setting. You could also boot AmigaDOS and
run GoBSD or the one that executes the bootblocks from AmigaDOS.

John Klos
Sixgirls Computing Labs