Re: GRF_#? options for grfcc/amidisplaycc and grf/ite question

On Mon, Jul 21, 2003 at 04:33:33PM +0200, Ignatios Souvatzis wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 21, 2003 at 01:27:27PM +0200, Gunther Nikl wrote:
>
> > support X11 but for that grfX could be used. I then tried to build a kernel
> > with grf3 included but without ite3 and 5246CONSOLE. The result was failed
>
> I think you want WITH ite3, but WITHOUT CLwhatwasitCONSOLE.

  This shouldn't make a difference and indeed it doesn't help. Maybe thats
  really a problem of my PicassoIV with its integrated FlickerFixer (that
  one is disabled by the init code in grf_cl.c). If I boot a kernel with
  amidisplay+grf3/ite3-CLwhatwasitCONSOLE after I used shutup from the
  GoBSD package to disable the grafic card then the kernel works since
  then there is no conflict since the kernel doesn't see the CL board :-/
  AFAICT, ITE is only required if I the corresponding grfX shall act as a
  console. I wonder why CLwhatwasitCONSOLE (and all others) was introduced
  for since for X the grfX should be sufficient.

  Gunther